Captain’s Log 5,964
I was nominated for a prestigious blogging award by Hil the Thrill. Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! YAY! It is now my task to nominate ten people to do the same. Oh dear. I don’t think I have ten on my list who haven’t already been named, so I will leave it open ended. Consider yourself tagged.
Here are the rules.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions they’ve set you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate ten people.
The questions Hil chose for me are:
1. I feel you can tell a lot about a person by what they eat for breakfast. What is your FAVORITE breakfast?
My favorite breakfast is a cheese bagel with more cream cheese and a cup of dense, rich coffee. Just one cup.
2. Who are the top three celebrities that want to sleep with you, but don’t know it yet?
I don’t know it or the celebrities don’t know it? That changes the game. The celebrities I would most like to sleep with are (in order)……Johnny Depp, Johnny Depp, and Johnny Depp. There are no others who even come close to my fascination with Johnny Depp.
3. Tell me about your favorite hiding spot as a kid, and your favorite hiding spot as an adult?
My favorite hiding spot was the barn behind our garage. It was actually part of the fairgrounds, and we made a loft across the beams. If you stood on the fence just right, you could hoist yourself up there. I would bring a book and a bag of cheese and crackers. Where do I hide now? In the local library. I spend hours there. I have my favorite corner hidden away from view. In all the times I have gone, I have not run into one single person I know. That is heaven. I have a very high-profile job, and sometimes it’s nice to tuck away unnoticed.
4. Do you feel that society is going to hell, or do you feel that we are improving, or staying the same?
I think we are improving. It takes baby steps. It also takes a village to raise a community. I think we are going back to community values (except for those whack jobs who live off the grid in yurts with no electricity or indoor plumbing). The technological age has actually thrown us further apart, and I think we are beginning to realize that.
5. Do you remember your dreams? Tell me the last nightmare you remember.
I rarely remember my dreams, but when I do…..wow! The last nightmare I can remember is being chased by an angry mob. True to nightmare form, my feet felt like stones and I could not make much headway.
6. What’s in your pockets?
A ticket stub for Into the Woods.
7. What are you interested in that no one else seems to care about?
I am interested in perfecting my craft as a playwright. There aren’t a lot of playwrights out there in the world.
8. Who is your childhood hero?
My childhood heroes were John F. Kennedy and his brother, Bobby. They turned my life around. I became a filthy hippie liberal scumbag because of them. And proud of it.
9. Do you have a lucky talisman, a rabbit’s foot or a pair of lucky socks? Or something you always do for good luck?
I do not have anything lucky. I consider the entire world my talisman.
10. What do you like about HilTheThrill, and how can I improve?
I like Hil’s honesty and her passion for her children. She could improve by being more forgiving of herself. That is very obnoxious of me to say. Who am I to offer such advice? She has done a wonderful job raising her daughters and bringing them up to be fine citizens of the world.
My ten questions are (for those who wish to play…..)
1. What was the most defining turning point of your life?
2. If you could live in any foreign country, which would you choose and why?
3. Do you espouse a spiritual belief? If so, what?
4. Have you ever stolen anything? What? When? Why?
5. What book can you read over and over again?
6. What is your favorite comfort food?
7. What is your earliest memory?
8. What inspires you to write?
9. Describe yourself with five adjectives.
10. Do you have any special rituals that are meaningful to you?
All righty then! Have fun!